A Message from Our Principal
Greetings Burleson Family!
We are excited and hopeful for a productive and successful 2016-2017 school year. The following is helpful information to keep in mind.
Sept. 26-Oct. 7 is the screening window for the Spanish assessments (Reading, Early Literacy, and Math) for grades 1-12. Elementary and middle schools will use the Spanish tiles called “STAR 360 en Espanol.” The screening window for Kinder is Oct. 3-14, 2016.
Pre-Kinder Kinder – Fifth Grade
(morning class) 7:55 am to 10:55 am Monday - Friday
(afternoon class) 12:15 am to 3:15 pm 8:00 am to 3:15p m
Breakfast Room Service is served in the classroom as early as 7:55 am.
Instructional Time will begin promptly at 8:15 am (Kinder – 5th).
Pick up location for the morning Pre-Kinder students is in the cafeteria (between 11:00 am – 11:30 am.)
Pick up location for the afternoon Pre-Kinder students is the PK classrooms. The students that ride the bus will be released from the cafeteria.
For the SAFETY & SECURITY of our students and staff, ALL VISITORS must report to the office, sign in and present proper identification as well as state the purpose of visit.
In order to better serve you, it is recommended that you make an appointment with teachers or other school personnel.
Shirts: Solid color polo - Dark Green or Purple
Pants, Skirts, Jumpers or Knee lengths shorts (Khaki color)
Belt with pants or shorts – MUST be worn and is required
Shoes: Closed toed shoes or tennis shoes (provide the best protection)
Attendance Information: “IF YOUR CHILD IS ENROLLED HE/SHE MUST ATTEND SCHOOL EVERYDAY”
The school is required to permit NO absences from school except in cases of illness. Attendance is required every day. State law requires that students attend school for at least 90 percent of the days the class is offered. Otherwise, the student will not receive credit for the class. They must be in class a minimum of 90% of the time during the school year.
- Please remember to call in your child’s absence early in the morning the day he/she will be absent. Failure to do so will result in an UNEXCUSED absence.
- You must provide a doctor’s note if your child will be seen by a doctor.
- Your child will be considered unexcused until a doctor’s note is provided. Students are responsible for making up work missed while absent.
- Habitual and excessive absences will result in a family referral to the Alpha Initiative Team and/or Truancy Court as required by State Law.
- Pre-Kinder and Kindergarten enrollment is not mandatory in the state of Texas but once you have enrolled your child in school you are responsible to see that they arrive on time and adhere to the attendance policy above and must follow state attendance requirements.
- A full day of instruction is critical to your child’s success. Try to schedule doctor visits after 3:15 p.m. to ensure that the child is not counted absent.
- If your child does go to the doctor and the student returns at any time on the same day your child will not be counted absent as long a doctor’s medical note is provided.
- The school day ends at 3:15 pm. Parents are not allowed to pick up their children early.
Our School Attendance Goal for the 2016-2017 school year is 98%!
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
We are the Vikings!
We know that we are responsible for one another.
We know that school is a place to learn.
We know that school is a place to give and receive friendship.
We know that school is a place to be successful!
We are the Vikings! Yeah!!